Welcome to our wooden-made holiday houses at the Eder Lake
Our 4 blockhouses are to be found in Holiday Street in Hernfurth at the beautiful destination Eder Lake in Hessen / Germany.
Nearby there are the Eder Barrage and the west dam as parts of the Eder Lake on the one side and the National Park Kellerwood, which is part of the world nature heritage of the UNESCO, on the other.
You can stay in the Houses Ronja, Greta or Birk. All three houses have a capacity of 6- 8 people.
What is more, the Houses Birk and Elsa are completely barrier-free, and so they are especially appropriate for disabled people! They can move freely and be self-determined, which guarantees them a very pleasant stay.
We are very proud of having received the Tourism Prize of the federal country of Hessen for them in 2017!
Dogs are also welcome to the Houses Ronja and Greta.
If you stay for at least six days, you can experience a special highlight- you will be allowed to take a closer look behind the scenes of the nearby falconry and watch the falconers with their raptorial birds throughout a day and during an exciting flying show!
Further facts and information
– You will find further information on the falconry, which is part of the Wildlife Park Eder Lake on the net: (http://www. greifenwarte.net)
The wildlife park is nestled only 1 km from Holiday Street within a beautiful landscape.
The shows take place regularly at 11.00 am and at 3.00 pm, except from Mondays.
– Jungle Path is another highlight which starts about 500 metres from the dam. It leads you directly to the Waldeck Castle which is worth visiting; from there you will have a wonderful view of the Eder Lake.
– The cable car which is about 600 metres south of Holiday Street takes you to the top of the hill Petershead, which is situated in the National Park Kellerwood.. Both wanderers and bikers can use the cable car.
From there you get via two high storage tanks to the Quernst, to the National Park Centre Kellerwood or simply back to Hernfurth.
– You can walk or go by bike to the beautiful beach( dogs are welcome) at Rehbach and pass the Hammerhill as well as the Climbing Park and the Tree Top Walk- two more thrilling tourist attractions which are very popular with our visitors. (http:// www. kletterpark- edersee.de/; http://www.baumkronenweg.de/).
– Try out the Waldralley, which is part of Eddie`s Family Walking Path. (http:www.waldecker-land.de/fileadmin/Mediendatenbank/PDFWandern/Edersee-Eddies-Erlebnistour-Abreissblock.pdf).
– The new path is 4.8 km long, so nearly everybody can manage walking it.(http://www.waldecker-land.de/was-sie-tun-sollten/wandern/qualitaetswanderwege/eddies-edersee-erlebnistour.html).
– From the Climbing Park it is not very far to Rehbach. You can go by ferry to the peninsula Scheid for an ice-cream or walk or ride to another tourist attraction- the Summer Toboggan Run (http:/edersee-faehre.de/; http:/www.sommerrodelbahn-edersee.de/).
– On Scheid there starts another magnificent walking path- the Knorreichenstieg.
– If you don`t want to walk back, you can get back to the west dam by ship (http:/personenschifffahrt-edersee.de/).
– To our guests we offer 10 bikes. Of course you can reach all destinations by car. However, if you look for a very special experience, you can ride there on our Iceland Ponies. On your ride visit the Jausenstation Waldbölker on top of the Peterkopf (http://www.waldbölker.de/).