Welcome to our wooden-made holiday houses at the Eder Lake
Our two blockhouses are to be found in Ferienstraße in Hemfurth at the beautiful destination Eder Lake in Hessen / Germany.
Nearby there are the Eder Barrage and the west dam as parts of the Eder Lake on the one side and the National Park Kellerwald, which is part of the world nature heritage of the UNESCO, on the other.
You can stay in the Houses Ronja or Greta. All two houses have a capacity of 6- 8 people.
Dogs are also welcome to the Houses Ronja and Greta.
Further facts and information
– You will find further information on the falconry, which is part of the Wildlife Park Eder Lake on the net: (http://www. greifenwarte.net)
The wildlife park is nestled only 1 km from Holiday Street within a beautiful landscape.
The shows take place regularly at 11.00 am and at 3.00 pm, except from Mondays.
– Jungle Path is another highlight which starts about 500 metres from the dam. It leads you directly to the Waldeck Castle which is worth visiting; from there you will have a wonderful view of the Eder Lake.
– The cable car which is about 600 metres south of Holiday Street takes you to the top of the hill Petershead, which is situated in the National Park Kellerwald. Both wanderers and bikers can use the cable car.
From there you get via two high storage tanks to the Quernst, to the National Park Centre Kellerwood or simply back to Hernfurth.
– You can walk or go by bike to the beautiful beach( dogs are welcome) at Rehbach and pass the Hammerhill as well as the Climbing Park and the Tree Top Walk- two more thrilling tourist attractions which are very popular with our visitors. (http:// www. kletterpark- edersee.de/; http://www.baumkronenweg.de/).
– Try out the Waldralley, which is part of Eddie`s Family Walking Path. (http:www.waldecker-land.de/fileadmin/Mediendatenbank/PDFWandern/Edersee-Eddies-Erlebnistour-Abreissblock.pdf).
– The new path is 4.8 km long, so nearly everybody can manage walking it.(http://www.waldecker-land.de/was-sie-tun-sollten/wandern/qualitaetswanderwege/eddies-edersee-erlebnistour.html).
– From the Climbing Park it is not very far to Rehbach. You can go by ferry to the peninsula Scheid for an ice-cream or walk or ride to another tourist attraction- the Summer Toboggan Run (http:/edersee-faehre.de/; http:/www.sommerrodelbahn-edersee.de/).
– On Scheid there starts another magnificent walking path- the Knorreichenstieg.
– If you don`t want to walk back, you can get back to the west dam by ship (http:/personenschifffahrt-edersee.de/).
– To our guests we offer 10 bikes. Of course you can reach all destinations by car apart from those in the national park.